Did you guess last Friday’s composer? It was Ludwig van Beethoven.
- was born in 1770
- died in 1827
- was a German composer who lived in Vienna
- started to lose his hearing when he was in his late 20s, ultimately becoming completely deaf – yet he continued to compose.
Enjoy what Walt Disney did to Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony:
Did you get the answer to last Friday’s “Who said it?” It was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- was born in 1756
- died in 1791
- was Austrian
- was a child prodigy
- had written 3 operas, 6 symphonies and hundreds of other works by the time he was 12!!
Listen to Mozart piano music:
Did you get Friday’s “Who said it?” correct? It was Johann Sebastian Bach.
Johann Sebastian Bach
- was a German composer,
- was born in 1685
- died in 1750
- loved coffee
- had 2 wives and 20 children (though only 10 survived), 4 of whom were also composers
- worked as an organist and choir master
Listen to the Italian Concerto:
And see what Walt Disney did with an orchestrated Toccata and Fugue Bach wrote for the organ: